Monday, December 27, 2010

Abducted by the Books of 2010 Survey


My friend Kate posted a survey on her blog about the books she read in 2010. The survey was originally created by Perpetual Page Turner. So here are my answers to the survey and here is the link if you'd like to do it too.

PerpetualPageTurner


1. Best book of 2010? I don't know if it is only because I just finished it and so therefore it is weighing on my mind stronger then the other books I read this year but I really really loved One Day by David Nicholls.

2. Worst book of 2010? I would say the worst book I read in 2010 was with out a doubt Witch and Wizard by James Patterson. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all bad. But whatever promise the book had was completely wiped away by the ending.

3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010? I was going to say Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict but now looking over my list of the books I read in 2010, I'm actually going to go with Go! Mutants by Larry Doyle. It's not that I didn't like this book, because I did. But I really wanted to LOVE this book, and that just didn't happen.

4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010? I really wasn't expecting much out of Dan Brown's Lost Symbol. I haven't read any of his other books because I just didn't think they were the type of books I would like. To be honest I think I was afraid that they would just go way over my head. But I read the Lost Symbol for my book club and I really enjoyed it.

5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010? Well, if you are asking what book did I actually recommend to people in 2010 it would have to be Relentless by Dean Kootnz, but I read that one a couple of years ago. Now, if you are asking me out of the books I read in 2010 what I would recommend, that would again be One Day by David Nicholls

6. Best series you discovered in 2010? The only series of books that I actually read multiple entries for in 2010 were the Southern Vampire Mysteries and the Hunger Games. So between the two I would have to go with Hunger Games.

7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010? John Green, although so far I've only read Abundance of Katherines, I really enjoy his vlogs and I am excited to read the rest of his books soon.

8. Most hilarious read of 2010? Scott Pilgrim by Bryan lee O'Malley. I only read the first one but that book is just dripping with excess sarcasm!

9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010? The Lost Symbol was pretty unputdownable, mainly because each chapter would be like 3 pages long, if that, so I would be saying to myself "I'm just going to read one more chapter..."

10. Book you most anticipated in 2010? Probably Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins. I had read Hunger Games when it first came out so each year I was looking forward to the next installment.

11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010? I'm going to go with Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, I liked my cover with it's devilish angel.








12. Most memorable character in 2010? I really can't think of anyone character that I liked or remembered more then the others. But if I had to choose I would say Flavia de Luce from The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley. She was just this little kid but she was so smart and so clever and written in such witty and believable way. I really liked her.

13. Most beautifully written book in 2010? I can honestly say that I don't think I've read a book this year that I would say was written "beautifully", but if I had to pick one I would say, yet again, One Day by David Nicholls. I was underlining lines in that book like crazy but also just the whole set up and how he wove the two points of view together was incredible.

14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010? Without You By Anthony Rapp. I'm really can't begin to say how much this book meant to me but without a doubt it had the most impact on me this year. I did blog about it though so if you want to read my original thoughts about it click here

15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read? I'm really sorry but I just don't have an answer for this one. I keep looking at my list of all the books I read this year (and I only read like 26 so it's not that long of a list) but not one book stands out as a book I always wanted to read and only just got around to this year. Also, not one stands out as a book I can't believe I only just found out about because for every book on my list I can totally see why I didn't discover them until this year so it makes sense to me.

3 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I so need to read The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, if only so I can read the second book in the series, which is supposed to be even better. And not that I don't love series, but so many books are no longer stand-a-lones... odd. I kind of want to read Anthony Rapp's novel too.. We might have to do some book swapping when I come out to OK in May!

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

And here's a website that I used this year, and I plan on using a lot more in 2011- http://www.goodreads.com/

You can keep track of your books here, plus you can make your own book categories per year, or however you like.

Whitney said...

I love Flavia de Luce too! She's so quirky.

I wanted to thank you for joining the Chronicles of Narnia Read-Along. I'm looking forward to February. Have a great new year!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs