Friday, December 30, 2011

Abducted by 2012 Challenges

Well, it is time to start looking forward towards some new challenges for my reading in 2012.

My challenges proved to be somewhat unsuccessful in 2011, but with my New Year's resolution to quit procrastinating, I know that I will be able to get way more done in 2012. Way More. Easy!

So, I'm going to write a quick post for some of the challenges I plan on shooting for in 2012.

I'll be updating this post as I find new challenges to join but here are the ones I know I want to join now:


This challenge is hosted by Annette and, as you may have guessed, is about finding those amazing books you can read in just one day! Should be fun, and I have a lot of short books on my shelves just waiting to be read. I think for now I am going to go for Level 1, which is 15 books, but I'm hoping to get closer to Level 2, which is 25 books.


This challenge is all about tackling those towering TBR piles, with an awesome mountain theme! I'm going for Mount Kilimanjaro, which is the challenge to read 50 books that you've owned prior to January 1st 2012! I have tons of books I have already spent money on so this challenge is perfect for me!


I'll also be doing this challenge, which is geared towards reading a series! I'm going for Level 3, therefore I will be finishing 3 series!
I already have C.S. Lewis Space Trilogy and Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Christopher Pike's Final Friends series in my TBR pile! I have read none of the books in any of those series so I'll be starting from the beginning on all of them. But I'm also hoping to complete the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz and the Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison. So that is a lot of reading to do!

And don't forget about my challenge: 


Come on! It is only 15K pages! You know you can do it! Just sign up!!! It will be awesome!!! 

5 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Ohhh... I'm going to have to look into that Read in One Day challenge... but now I have to shower and go to work. Boo. Hiss. Happy New Years, Bittner!!!! I miss you like crazy!!!

Annette Mills said...

Thanks for signing up. I'm looking forward to seeing which books you read!

Bev Hankins said...

Welcome to the Mt. TBR Challenge! I'm so glad you'll be joining me in scaling the mountains.

Happy New Year!

Yvonne said...

Welcome to the Finishing the Series challenge! I'm so glad you are joining us. Have fun!

Happy New Year!

fakesteph said...

I'm so joining the Mt. TBR challenge. My book piles are getting ridiculous. And I have waaaaay too many books sitting around on my Kindle, too!

Question--books that I read in 2012 that I started in 2011, do they not count for you challenge as long as I figure out which pages I actually read in 2012? Because I'm about 50 pages in to Brisingr and I don't think I can get myself to finish it if I can't count it. :)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs