Friday, February 10, 2012

Abducted by a Feature & Follow



It has been FOREVER since I have done a blog hop, but a lot of my friends have been doing them lately, so I figured; Hey, why not!?! Also, I am soooooooo close to getting over 100 followers and it would be awesome to finally break that barrier!

Let me start by giving a special shout out to the feature blog:


The BookChowDown is a really cute blog, so congrats to her for being a feature! She also mentioned that she thinks she was the one who submitted the question for the week. That's exciting! I know I submitted a question once, but now I don't quite remember what it was. Hmm...


Anyway, the question for the week was:

Q: What would your prefer: reading your favorite book over and over again until you got sick of it OR reading 100s of mediocre books? And why? 

 

Well, as I have mentioned on my blog, time and time again, my favorite book is The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis. I think, at last count, I have 10 different copies of this book. All with different covers and different art work. There is even a Hebrew edition on ebay that I have my eye on, but I haven't actually bought it yet. Because as my friends keep reminding me, I don't actually speak Hebrew.

But anyway, even though it is my favorite book, and even though I do try to re-read it once a year. I still think I would rather read 100s of mediocre books, than read my one book over and over again to the point that I was sick of it. The Chronicles of Narnia is such a magical series, and I would never want the Silver Chair to loose that magical quality for me. 

I hope everyone has a great time jumping around on the blog hop! If you decide to follow my blog, please leave me a comment letting me know so that I can return the favor! 

 HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!  

13 comments:

tthepageturner said...

Can totally see where you're coming from. It's nice to keep things fresh - I wouldn't want to get sick of my fav book.

- New follower =)

Nereyda @Nick and Nereydas Infinite Booklist said...

Agree with you but I still LOVE to re-read my faves. New Follower! Check out my FF post and follow me back via GFC if possible at:

Nereyda @Mostly YA Book Obsessed
http://BooksandSparkles.Blogpot.com

Laura BurgandyIce said...

That's too short a fav for me, although I picked the same choice. I say, get the Hebrew book!! Hebrew's written backwards, which is so amazing. It'd be a blast trying to find your favorite passages!! :-)

My FF: Colorimetry

Bex said...

I wish I could say mediocre books, but really... I'd be so bored in the end I'll probably loose my love for reading. Too many mediocre now and I almost do! Sad, but true. I also have a hard time getting sick of things I truly love. I might not read as often if I only had my one love, but at least I'd love it!

New follower via GFC! :D Have an awesome weekend. My FF!

JennRenee said...

I would go with the 100 books too. new follower.
my ff
http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-is-weekly-meme-hosted-by.html

Laura BurgandyIce said...

Ha!! I'm SO glad you got your book in Hebrew!!!!! I love all kinds of language - it's all beautiful and the more exotic, the better. ENJOY!!

Totally Booked Solid said...

new follower and wow dedication when it come to the Silver Chair here is my FF and a Giveaway attached http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-plus-giveaway.html

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I've never heard of that one. I'll have to check it out. I need to read more by CS Lewis.
My Hop

Sarah said...

Although I do love the thought of readong the 100 books I picked rereading my favourite book it picks me up when I'm having a bad day, new follower, here's mine
http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/feature-and-follow-friday-15.html

Jess Gonzalez said...

I love you banner! About the question, I prefer a good book. Following back and thanks to stop by my blog.

Jess at
http://jessysbookends.blogspot.com/2012/02/feature-follow-friday.html

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I fully support you getting The Silver Chair in Hebrew!

fakesteph said...

Post pics when you get the book!!! I'm the opposite. I would rather read one amazing book for the rest of my life then only mediocre books. The Great Gatsby or The Fault In Our Stars could easily sustain me for the rest of my life. I don't think I would get sick of either. :)

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

Hmm, this is a hard question. I don't know what I would pick. But I didn't participate in the hop so I don't have to answer! ;)

Yea! 108 followers! Goooo Courtney!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs