Sunday, August 19, 2012

Abducted by Sundays in Bed With...8.19.12

Sundays in Bed With...is hosted by future Olympian Kate aka Midnightbookgirl!



And here is how I spent my Sunday...

I just woke up from a Sunday afternoon nap and I am feeling all hot and sweaty from falling asleep on the couch under a blanket that I didn't really need because it is probably 80 degrees in my apartment.

Why was I lying down with a blanket then?

Well, because I was watching the very last episode of the second season of Sherlock if you must know!


I am a huge fan of this show, to the point where when I am watching an episode for the first time I allow for absolutely no interruptions. Because of this, even though I have had this season on BlueRay for quite a while now, today was the first afternoon that I had free to curl up on the couch and watch the last episode all the way through. And it was AMAZING!!!

If you have not seen this show yet, I sincerely can not recommend it enough!

And if you finally get around to watching it and want to call someone after you get through the Season 2 finale, Kate will apparently sell you my phone number for a very reasonable price.

But don't worry, before the nap and before Sherlock I was able to spend some time listening to the audio book of...


I read through Shiver, the first book in the Mercy Falls series, a few weeks ago and I was severely disappointed. It was not what I was expecting at all and I had a lot of issues with the characters.

However, I already had the next two books in the series downloaded through audible.com. So I went ahead and started on Linger, and I am LOVING it!

I think now, I am going in with a better idea and acceptance of who these characters are and the purpose of their story and so I am able to just sit back and enjoy it.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend, and I hope you all had an opportunity to spend some time with your books today!

5 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Don't look at it as me selling you out, look at it as me being a good American and making money and bringing new friends to my good, old friend Bittner! ;) I will definitely check out Sherlock, and once we get a blu-ray player I'll have to borrow your copy, or you can bring it out in April!

Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

It's funny that you mention Sherlock cause someone else was just talking about it the other day and raving about how awesome it is. I will have to check it out.

cindysloveofbooks said...

I am such a bad blogger I have this book and the other books in the series to read.

fakesteph said...

There is so much to love about this post. I freaking love Sherlock. I adore Maggie. I'm just happy happy happy about this post. Also, I bet Kate would cut me a deal.

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

I still haven't checked out Sherlock and I need to since I love Martin Freeman! And I'm glad that you're enjoying Linger! One of these days I'll get to that series!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs