Saturday, April 21, 2012

Abducted by Readathon hours 5-8



In the last four hours I read more from Jane Austen Book Club, about 40 pages. It isn't going so well because it is a lot different from the movie. In the movie I love the character of Grigg played by Hugh Dancy, but in the book his chapter was so boring!






Also, during these four hours I left my apartment to get some lunch, and pick up a bottle of wine for book club tonight. Then I came home to participate in the hour 8 mini challenge hosted by Midnightbookgirl! But don't worry, the whole time I was listening to disc 4 of Fade!

Midnight Book Girl's challenge is all about staging a display inspired by a book.

I couldn't come up with one based on the books I'm reading because I haven't finished them yet so I don't really know what they are about. Then when I was glancing up at my bookshelf I spotted Why We Broke Up and decided to go for it!

So here is what I came up with...


I'll try to make it a little bigger but it might get blurry...


Okay, so here is what all that is...

First of all, I placed the book Why We Broke Up down in front. It is a about a girl who has just broken up with her boyfriend and is giving him the box containing all the stuff she saved from their relationship as a form of closure. In the book the box is blue, says "Fragile" on it, and includes a quote "You either have the feeling or you don't" in the upper left hand corner. So, I grabbed a shoe box and drew on it with a blue permanent marker. That was fun! 

The book itself is sitting on top of an umbrella and has the Sopranos cook book to its right. In WWBU they have a cook book inspired by tinsel town, the Sopranos was the closest thing I had. 

Then you will see a disposable camera, a note (mine is one my friend Christi wrote to me back in high school, yes I actually did save a lot of the notes we used to pass back and forth), and a stack of postcards (the one on top is for Richmond Virginia as a shout out to my Virginia friends)!

In WWBU the boy plays basketball and the girl has a banner for his team and a ticket from one of his games. Since I don't have anything for the Hellman Highschool Beavers I used memorabilia for my favorite sports team which is the Boston Red Sox. So their banner is in the back of the picture and my ticket to the first ever Texas Rangers vs Boston Red Sox game I got to go to is on top of the Sopranos cookbook. 

And last but not least, in WWBU they go to the movies and the girl saves the tickets from two of the movies they went to see together so I included my ticket from when I went to see Fever Pitch (which is all about the Red Sox) and it is leaning up against the blue box! 

Wow! I can't believe I came up with all of that in 1 hour!!! 

I hope you are impressed Kate!

3 comments:

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

Very nice, Courtney! You did an awesome job! Much better than mine, which was mostly movie/book merchandise. I love how you threw in all those things from your life! So clever. You should totally win!

Nise' said...

Great job on the Staging Challenge! I have that book on my stacks. Keep on reading.

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I am super impressed! And we love the shout out! ;)

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs