Sunday, September 16, 2012

Abducted by Sundays in Bed with...9.16.12



Today I am not spending my Sunday in bed at all!  Most of my friends know that I had some dental work done this week and have been taking some pretty strong (at least on me) medication. This medication helps a lot but it also makes me painfully exhausted! Like, when I take it, if I try to force myself to stay awake it gives me a headache and makes me nauseous and shakey. Today is the first day that I haven't had to take it for the pain so I am determined to spend the entire day as far away from my bed and my couch as physically possible!

With that said, I am still spending my day with literature! I am spending my day with the audio version of...


Here is the picture of Riley all curled up with some Stephen King...


I have made a lot of promises to read certain books lately and I am so behind it is shameful! One way that I am hoping to correct this is by finishing Carrie today! In the audio version there are 6 discs and I am almost done with the third disc. I do have other obligation today but I still think that I should be able to make time for the rest of this one. And I'm liking it a lot more then I thought I would.

I usually don't read horror or Stephen King, but I am liking this one. It isn't Stephen's writing that intimidates me and it is not that I think his stories are going to be too scary. I think it is more that I expect them to be hard to follow because when I see movies based off his books (the few I've seen) I never know what the hell is going on. But so far Carrie is going along smoothly.

So, what are you spending your Sunday with?

3 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I think all of the King novels in my readalong are his easier to follow books, they're all early King. I am so loving that you are enjoying this read!

Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

I'm only about halfway through Carrie and I'm not finding it terrifying like I thought I would. It's more thriller like.

fakesteph said...

YAY for being done with horrible pain medication. :) And I JUST got my copy of Carrie and am excited to read it.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs