Thursday, January 31, 2013

Abducted by My New Years Resolution: January

BeFunky_clock

"My New Years Resolution" is a meme I'm using to track my progress on my most important New Years Resolution which was to not purchase any new books......at all!

images (4)

This month I did really good! Technically the only books I bought were 2 textbooks and a cook book on my kindle. But textbooks are for school and the cook book was free so I don't think either of those count.

I did have one book smuggle its way into my apartment and that was Hidden Things. I won a copy of this book from Steph over at Fakesteph.com. Thanks again!



Now here is a list of the top ten books that I would have bought this month if I had only been allowed to!

The number one book I would have bought this month is…

koch

The Dinner by Herman Koch! I just recently read a review for this book about two brothers meeting for dinner to discuss what to do about their sons who have recently gotten themselves into trouble. Just reading the summery has already led to some good debates between me and some of my fellow bookie friends. At first I was nervous that a book about two brothers meeting for dinner wouldn’t be captivating enough to hold my interest for 300 pages. But then I read this blurb by author Gillian Flynn…

“Chilling, nasty, smart, shocking and unputdownable. Read the novel in one big gulp, and then make plans with friends – you’ll be desperate to debate this book.”

Now, I may not know Gillian Flynn personally, but after reading Gone Girl…I kind of trust her.
The other books that made it into my top five were…

Espionageformantimebetweenlasomething


The next five are the ones that I would have really thought about buying and would have either bought them now or saved them to add on to a future shopping cart.



images13414446images (1)images (2)images (3)


I promise to remember you guys when 2014 rolls around!

The best part is that since I completed my first month of not buying books I got to get myself a treat from Gigi's Cupcakes!

GetAttachment

I wanted to make the candle stand out more so I took the picture with the lights off, but now you can barely see the cupcake! And I would have retaken it...but...um...yeah…it was eaten about three seconds after taking that picture was taken

Anyway, Let me know how you are doing on your resolutions or let me know if there are any books I should keep an eye out for next month.

4 comments:

Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

Yay!! I'm so proud of you for sticking to it! Now only 11 more to go, but I know you can do it!

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I have the arc of the time between us and I own prodigy, so whenever you want, let me know and I'll lend them to you! ;)

Love this!

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

Great job so far! You can do it!!

fakesteph said...

I'm so proud of you! And I told Kim I'd lend her Secret Society Girl, but as soon as she's done, I can pop it in the mail for you. And you can borrow E&E, too, as soon as I'm done!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs