Friday, February 25, 2011

Abducted by Blog Hop 2.25.11


I can't believe that it is Friday and I totally forgot to do the blog hop this morning!!!

My excuse...

I had an eye doctor appointment yesterday and I got my first pair of contacts!!! I'm really excited but still getting used to them. This was my first morning to try to put them on before heading off to work and it took me 45 minutes (aka two episodes of How I Met Your Mother from season 3 because that was the dvd that was in my dvd player this morning!) just to get them in.

Needless to say by the time I got them in I had to rush out the door to get to work, then with in 10 minutes of getting here my boss showed up to do my audit (phew) so I've been very distracted this morning.

But I really liked the question for this weeks blog hop so I would still like to participate even though I'm coming in late.

As you all know the blog hop is hosted by CRAZY FOR BOOKS and this weeks question was...

"Do you ever wish you would have named your blog something different?"

No, I don't. My friend Kate created my blog for me and I think she did an awesome job. According to her there were 3 reasons why she wanted to create the blog for me. One being that we used to run an online book club together and when that ended she really missed getting to read my reviews on books. Two, she already had a book blog and really liked being a part of the book blogging community and thought I would like it to. But the most important reason of all was that she had come up with the PERFECT name for a book blog and she really wanted me to use it. She said that she looked every where to see if it was being used and was shocked to find that it was still available, so she gave it to me.

I love the title of my blog because Kate gave it to me and it also makes me laugh when I remember the message she left on my phone telling me that she was going to give me a blog. (laughing is a pretty normal reaction to many of Kate's voicemails!)

Also I think the title just fits me. I love books because they are an escape and they take you on journey's you'd never get to go on by yourself. Not to mention the number of times I'm late getting somewhere or I forget to do my laundry or I don't have time to clean or I stay up way too late all because I've been "abducted" by yet another book.

So no, I love my blog and really LOVE my blog title! Thanks Kate!!!

3 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. You're right that books are an escape!
My Hop

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Aw, Bittner, I think I'm blushing! I'm always happy to be abducted by your blog posts. Reading them is like getting a voicemail from you, only they don't get cut off mid-thought. :)

E Kelly said...

Newest follower via the Friday blog hop. I am a new contemporary romance writer and a reader of almost anything! Hope you stop by and check out my blog.

http://writerekelly.blogspot.com

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs