Friday, February 4, 2011

Abducted by Winter Weather in 2011

Wow! An entire week has gone by since my last post...I'm so sorry! I have missed all of you guys out there just as much as I am sure you have been missing me! :o)

Basically my situation is this, the internet is no longer working for my laptop at home, but I do have some truly amazing friends who were going to come over to my place and try to help me out. However, we ran into a slight snag when a blizzard decided to rip through Oklahoma! I'm not sure how the weather is where you are, but here it is a winter wonderland of ice and snow snow and more snow! Which of course is nice and beautiful, however dangerous for driving in.

So for now, I'm stuck just using my work computer. I can get on my blog but I can't add pictures because I can't get the image thing to work. And I can read certain blogs but my work computer blocks a lot of them because of the graphics or images used wont make it past our spam filters. So I can't comment on some of your blogs even though I promise I've been reading them.

It sucks though because on Tuesday when I was off work because that was when the storm hit and the whole state shut down, I started a book called Nothing to Fear, read more from Jane Eyre, and I FINISHED Odd Thomas!!! So I really want to share with you guys all about the books I'm reading now but I can't until I can use my own computer instead of my work one.

In spite of making some progress with Odd Thomas, Nothing to Fear, and Jane Eyre (I'm about half way done and loving it!!!) my TBR pile has been growing like crazy. Last weekend I bought Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan, and You Know Where To Find Me by Rachel Cohn. Then yesterday I ordered XVI by Julia Karr, Scarlet Feather by Maeve Binchy, and Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams!!! I am so unbelievably excited to read all of these books!!! OH!, and I plan on reading A Long Walk To Freedom which is the autobiography of Nelson Mandela. I actually bought this one back in the summer of 2006 and started it but never finished. It is on my list of books to finish this year and I figured it would be a great book to read during Black History Month!

So I have a lot of reading ahead of me and a lot of books to share with you guys and I for one can not wait! It may be another week before I can get to use my laptop, but I will be back...I promise!

But for now, I hope everyone is having an awesome February and for those of you having your own winter weather struggles, stay worm and stay safe!








3 comments:

Unknown said...

Even as a non-smoker, I can understand needing a pack or two after making the commute in all this muck. It wouldn't be so bad if they had even half the equipment that they need to keep the roads passable.

And it is snowing again. Personally, I like the snow - specially when it means I can stay home and curl up with tea and a book.

Keep going with Odd Thomas! You will be glad you did.

Virginia Prigg said...

That sounds like a fantastic list! I liked Boy Meets Boy, but Centre of my World by Andreas Steinhofel blew my mind. I love the writing style and story and the whole lot - if a bit outlandish it's definitely a good read.

Hope the snow clears up soon for you!

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I have XVI waiting for me on my Kindle so let me know when you get around to it!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs