Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's topic is:
Top 10 Favorite Authors In X Genre
I have chosen to list my favorite authors in my favorite genre which is general fiction/contemporary adult novels. Don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic young adult contemporary authors as well, and I do love them. But that will be a list for another day!
In no particular order...
2. STEPHEN KING! I'm still getting used to this guy but I see many great books in my future now that I am finally giving him a real shot!
3. JENNIFER CRUSIE! One of my latest obsessions is listening to her audio books from audible.com!
4. SARAH ADDISON ALLEN! Here book Sugar Queens was my favorite new book that I read this year!
5. NICK HORNBY! I've been loving Hornby for quite some time and reading his book A Long Way Down with my book club this year was a truly great moment for me!
6. DEAN KOONTZ! I've had so much fun reading through the Odd Thomas series this year. Coming into 2012 I had only read the first one, now I am almost entirely caught up and I can't wait to read more from Koontz.
7. SOPHIA KINSELLA! I've read a couple of hers that I loved and there were a couple others that I didn't. But all in all she is a very funny author and I love the way that she writes women, so I will probably always make a little time for her each year.
Now, for my last three, I am going to feature authors that I have only read one adult general fiction novel by them BUT authors that I am desperate to read more from!!!
8. HELEN FIELDING! Finally listened to Bridget Jones this year and it was hysterical! I can't wait to see what other characters she has out there!
9. DAVID NICHOLLS! One Day was one of my favorite books that I read just a couple of years ago. I loaned it out to a couple of friends and couldn't wait to see the movie. I have Questions For Starters by Nicholls but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. But his style reminds me of Nick Hornby so I think I am going to end up really liking this guy!
10. DAVID LEVITHAN!!! Many of you may already know that David Levithan is up there as one of my favorite authors of all time! (In case you are wondering...it goes C.S. Lewis, Levithan, then Hornby. Lewis wins out because nostalgia always wins out. And Levithan goes above Hornby because I don't think I will ever get to meet Hornby but my official stalking of Levithan begins in exactly T minus ELEVEN days!!!) Anyway Levithan makes the list because although I have read tons of his YA novels, he has to date only published one adult novel. That novel of course being The Lover's Dictionary which was amazing!!! I may love his YA books, but I really can't wait to see what else he could offer to the world of adult contemporary novels!