Time for another TOP TEN TUESDAY!!!
This week the question was which books we would want if we were stranded on a desert island...
My initial thought was that I would need to take really long books!
Now that is a bit different for me because most of my friends know that I can get awfully intimidated by books over 500 pages. But if I'm trapped on a desert island and I only bring books I can easily finish in a couple of days then in one year I would end up reading each one of my books a dozen times...that would be bad!
So I need to definitely pick ones that will take me a while to finish so that by the time I have to start reading them over again it has been a while.
First off we are going to need either some series or some collected works!
1. The Bible - might actually read the whole thing finally!
2. The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams - I have these in small individual books but I could buy the giant volume if I have to.
3. & 4. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - isn't it kind of obvious as to why!?!
5. Harry Potter J.K. Rowling - Now these books do not come in a single volume currently, but I am making the vow here and now that I will not be stranded on a desert island until they are!
And then for the stand alone books I would choose...
8. 11.22.1963 by Stephen King - My friend Kate has finally brought me over to the dark side where I am reading more King then I ever thought I would. And as much as I really do want to read this one, it is still too long for my taste! But on a desert island I'm sure I could find the time.
9. Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy - my favorite Binchy!
10. Every Day by David Levithan - easily my shortest selection for the list but how could I be stranded somewhere without any Levithan!?!
I hope you enjoyed my list and I can't wait to read yours!
Have a great Tuesday!