Friday, May 13, 2011

Abducted by INK



Well, I am sorry for having been gone for a while but I have been really busy!

My friend KATE has been in town this past week and we have had the greatest time! One of the things that she wanted to do while she was here was to have us get literary tattoos.

AND WE DID!!!

I know you all have been on pins and needles waiting to hear about my tattoo because it involves my favorite moment in The Silver Chair that I refused to share with you guys when I posted my review for that book.

So, I wont keep you waiting any longer...

here is what the actually tattoo looks like up close...


and here is what it looks like in relation to the rest of my foot...



So as you can see it is a little towards the inside of the front of my left ankle.

"Suppose we have only dreamed..." is the beginning to a speech that the character Puddleglum gives towards the end of chapter 12.

Basically it's like this...


The Green Witch has come back to find Eustace, Jill, Prince Rillian, and Puddleglum free in the underworld. She begins to use her magic and her powers of persuasion to convince them that there is no over-world. That they have been merely dreaming and that they made it all up, including Aslan.

The children and the Prince are eventually taken over by the Green Witch's magic and they succumb to her. But not Puddleglum!

He stands up to her and says...


"Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things--trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones...I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. "

That is my most favorite part in my most favorite book.

It has always resinated with me, ever since the first time I read it.

In life I have my own beliefs. I am a Catholic. I do believe in God. And even if I were to die tomorrow and find out that I'm wrong, I wouldn't care. My beliefs have made me a better person, they have given me hope and strength and comfort in times when nothing else has. To be perfectly honest, I'm still pretty messed up, I'm not perfect. But I remember how lost I was before I found my faith and I know how it has saved me. So even if I could be wrong, I'm going to stand by my beliefs no matter what.

And that is basically what Puddleglum is stating in his little speech.

I hope everyone has had a great week!

And don't worry, I'm finishing a lot of books this weekend so get ready for some hard hitting posts coming your way on Nick Hornby, If I Stay, and The Last Battle, followed by my Ten Favorite Things About Narnia which will be the post that brings our journey through Narnia to an end.

Also, over at REVIEWSIN5.com you can read our thoughts on Colin Firths performance in Love Actually, along with Andrea's Top 5 "Pay Attention Movies". My next post will be on Monday so stay tuned.

4 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

You were awesome during our inking! I was so proud of you, and I'm even more excited about your future one, since One Day is kind of our book. :)

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

And just so you know, I really do love that quote and I spent several minutes reading it out loud, trying to get just the right tone and inflections to it. ;)

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! And so YOU!

I am having tattoo envy now, thanks.

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I am all for ya'll coming out here and getting some overpriced ink in DC!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs