Saturday, May 28, 2011

Abducted by Narnia


I love the Chronicles of Narnia Series and I wanted to do something special to bring the journey through Narnia to a close.

So, I've created my own list called...

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS: ABOUT NARNIA!

Even if you didn't get to read through the chronicles with me, please feel free to add some of your own answers to the list in comments or leave a link to your blog in the comments, so we can all share in our favorite things!


1. Favorite Book: The Silver Chair! I'm pretty sure I've said enough about this so if you have any questions as to why, just click on the link.

2. Favorite Creatures: The Dufflepuds! The Dufflepuds are discovered on The Magician Coriakin's Island in chapter 9 of the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. They are good natured and a little eccentric. For most of the story they are invisible but then Lucy sets them straight. They are adorable little creatures who hop around on one foot. I've just always found them really funny and cute.


3. Favorite Character: Puddleglum. I love Puddleglum, he is such a great character! I also really like Mr. Tumnuss from the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe but he is barely in the story, and I think I am mostly just fond of him because of James McAvoy's portrayal. But Puddleglum is kind and brave and clever and loyal.

4. Favorite Pevensie: Edmund. I always found Lucy to be a little goody-goody and Susan a little-miss-know-it-all. Peter is a good leader but kind of bossy. Edmund has such growth and development. We really get to see his character get tried and evolve and by the end of tLtW&tW he becomes a really good character and a good brother.



5. Favorite Aslan Moment: Mine is him at the end of The Horse and The Boy when he gives the whole speech about how he was always there. I don't remember quite how he says it but he is basically saying "I was the cat that comforted you, I was the lion that scared courage into you, I was the one that protected you." I really love that moment. As cliche as it sounds, it always reminded me of that footprints poem about how Jesus is the one carrying you. It is just this beautiful moment when he is saying, I was always here, when you were scared and weak and confused, I was always there.

6. Favorite Line: Well, seeing on how I recently had it tattooed on my leg, I would say that my favorite line would have to be the speech that begins with "Suppose we have only dreamed..." You can click on the link HERE to see the pictures of my tattoo and read the full quote.

7. Favorite Villain: For me it is actually Uncle Andrew from the Magician's Nephew. Sure, the White Witch and the Green Witch are scary and cause more damage, but I guess I find Uncle Andrew to be more entertaining and so therefore I like him more. He was evil no doubt, and cruel. But...I don't know...I just like him.


8. Favorite Tear Jerk Moment: In the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, when Lucy and Susan are crying over Aslan's body and then the mice come up. At first the girls think the mice are there to defile the body and then they realize that the mice are there to chew away at the cords that bind him. I don't know, there is just something about that moment, that realization, that get's me. Every time.

9. Favorite Audio Book: Okay, there are just some books that you have to listen to the audio versions of. This series is one of them! Hearing them read aloud by some amazing talent is chilling and heart warming at the same time. Mostly they are read by Broadway talent but some notable names would include Lynn Redgrave and Patrick Stewart. But my personal favorite is hearing Kenneth Branagh read to me The Magician's Nephew. I mean it is just perfect! As far as I am concerned this man can do no wrong anyway, but still, he adds just the right amount of humor in his voice that is just perfect for reading Digory and Polly, and even Uncle Andrew. That is also why I probably like Uncle Andrew as much as I do. Because with Kenneth Branagh reading him to me I can't help but picture Uncle Andrew as an eviler version of Professor Lockhart.


10. Favorite Film Adaptation: Without a doubt, hands down, the Walt Disney and Walden Media production of The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe!

The casting was perfect, the screenplay was perfect, the special affects were once again, PERFECT! I love this book and this film version is a direct reflection of it! I will be the first to admit that the quality in the adaptations has been slipping ever so slightly with each additional adaptation to be released but this first one was flawless!

Okay, so that brings an end to my journey through Narnia!

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

For those of you who missed any, here is a list of all of my posts:









And if you haven't had enough of me yet, be sure to check out Reviewsin5.com! Andrea has her next top 5 post coming on Monday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is there anyone who ISN'T moved to tears by the scene at the stone table? I would question the state of someone's soul if they weren't.

Diggin' the picture of Kenneth.

Dawn said...

Your friend Kate brought me to your blog. She stopped by my Follow Friday post @ Read Love and let me know that you were a big C.S. Lewis fan! I haven't read yet all of The Chronicles of Narnia, but I have great respect for C.S. as a man and writer.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs