Monday, April 14, 2014

Abducted by Attachments

Sunday marked the fourth anniversary of my blog! In celebration I have decided to feature a new review every day this week! I hope you will enjoy them!

THE HEADLINE: Lincoln has fallen in love via email, unfortunately they were not emails sent to him!

TIME IN CAPTIVITY: Rainbow Rowell has become one of my new favorite authors! Attachments was Rowell's first novel, however I read her other books first so I was excited to finally get to this one. Rowell writes both YA and general fiction novels and this one is her GF work.
Lincoln has just moved back home, literally, he's back living with his mother. He has taken a job in the security department at a local newspaper. The company has a very strict internet policy and it is Lincoln's job to read through the emails that have been flagged to make sure that everyone else is toeing the line.
That is when he stumbles upon emails between Beth and Jennifer.
The story actually takes place in the winter of 1999 over the Y2K countdown. Lincoln feels most comfortable when pursuing academics and so even after he has completed a couple of degrees he is having trouble figuring out his place in life.
The story of Attachments follows Lincoln in his efforts to move on from his past and decide on his future. And along the way we get to watch him fall in love! However, what will happen when the girl he loves finds out he's been reading her personal emails? That's what you have to read to find out!

THE ABDUCTOR: As much as I loved Lincoln in this book, I was mostly abducted by the emails that passed between Jennifer and Beth. There quick wit and cleverness actually reminded me of my own friends, which made me love them even more.


POINT OF ABDUCTION: At one point in the book when the emails between Beth and Jennifer
stop and Lincoln doesn't know why. The reason isn't a huge plot point, but I know some people are particular about spoilers so I wont say much. But I was just as desperate to find out what was going on as Lincoln was.

PICK UP LINE:
There are moments when you can't believe something wonderful is happening. And there are moments when your entire consciousness is filled with knowing absolutely that something wonderful is happening. Lincoln felt like he'd dunked his head into a sink full of Pop Rocks and turned on the water. 

ABDUCTION RATING:


Is anyone really that surprised? I LOVED it!!! Funny, clever, smart, and deeply sweet! Rowell delivers yet again!

4 comments:

fakesteph said...

I've had this on my kindle and have been meaning to get to it for FOREVER. AHHHHHH... so many books to get to. I'm glad you loved it so much. I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

I need to read this one ASAP! But I really can't buy books right now, and YOU KNOW I'll have to buy it! I still can't believe I haven't bought E&P yet! But I will. Oh, I will...

Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

This one has been staring at me from my shelf for awhile and I hope to make time for it real soon!

marwa said...

شركة رش الحشرات
شركة مبيدات حشرية بالرياض
النمل الابيض مكافحة
شركة تسربات المياه بالرياض
شفط بيارات بالرياض
تسليك مجارى
جلى بلاط
اسعار عزل الخزانات
شركة تنظيف بيوت
شركه نقل عفش بالخرج

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs