Thursday, September 26, 2013

Banned Book Week: #bookphotoaday 9.26.2013


#bookphotoaday is hosted by Megan at megancstroup.blogspot.com

Today's photo is of cover art. I had trouble picking out my "favorite" so I decided to feature a pic of a book that I specifically bought because the cover art caught my eye. 



The Kneebone Boy by Ellen Potter is one of the many books on my to be read shelf that I have actually bought and haven't read yet. In fact I still have the receipt inside the book and it shows that I bought this book on February 9th, 2011! 

I remember walking through Hastings while talking on the phone with my friend Kate who was telling me about how she had just found out that her niece Sam was pregnant! I wasn't really looking for anything in particular I was just randomly looking at books while talking on the phone. I came across The Kneebone Boy and the gothic looking cover art really caught my eye. 

Here is the blurb on the back: 

I was the one voted to tell you this story because I read the most novels, so I know how a story should be told. Plus, I'm very observant and have a nice way of putting things, that's what my teacher, Mr. Dupuis, told me. I can't tell you which Hardscrabble I am - Otto, Lucia, or Max - because I've sworn on pain of torture not to. They said it's because the story belongs to all three of us, and I suppose they're right, but it seems unfair since I'm doing all the work. No one can stop you from guessing though. 

Doesn't that sound like a fun book!?!

I really should read it one of these days!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow that is a very intriguing cover! Nice choice.

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

Love that cover! And it does sound like a cool book! I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs